Legal Aspects of the Audiovisual Industry
Within Entertainment Law, the Audiovisual Industry has gained increasing importance in these times. Today there is a greater need for content to satisfy the new ways of viewing Audiovisual Works that technology brings us.
From the legal and copyright point of view, it is said that an audiovisual work is a "collection of copyrights" requiring the creation of the work a very significant number of contracts in its different stages.
In this course we will analyze the challenges and opportunities from the legal point of view that audiovisual productions face on a daily basis from the conception of the audiovisual work, its pre-production, production and post-production, to its sale and distribution at an international level in the different windows and modalities. of exploitation.
This Industry will be analyzed, from a practical point of view, its uses and customs, its times, and the interests and needs of the different actors that participate in it.
To do this, we will begin by analyzing the basic concepts of copyright and the international legal framework, to then delve into the kitchen of this industry, the different stages in the creation of an audiovisual work and the necessary contracts to bring the project to a successful conclusion. , always looking for the participant to have a comprehensive vision and learn from the hand of those who work in the industry what are the good practices in the matter.
Aldo Fabrizio Módica
- Provide a context that allows to know the current situation of this industry, and the who is who in the value chain.
- Analyze the essential characteristics and the content of the economic and moral rights that are at stake in the audiovisual work and in the videogram.
- Make known the importance of having a strong and well-structured Chain of Ownership and proper documentary management.
- Recognize the different stages of creating an audiovisual work and the necessary contracts to bring the project to a successful conclusion.
- Know the good legal practices for the marketing and distribution of audiovisual works.
- Illustrate about the possible alternatives in terms of exploitation in the digital field.
- Learn about jurisprudential rulings related to the audiovisual.
- Assess the importance and usefulness of Collective Management in Audiovisual.
|Non member||US$ 300|
|Non members with partners in ASIPI||US$ 150|
|Class duration||2 hours|
|Number of modules||10|
|Period||March 7t to May 11 (only on Tuesdays)|
|Schedule||4 to 6 pm (Quito/Lima/Bogotá Time)|