Launch: Moot Court on Intellectual Property Law 2022 (Second Edition)
The Court of Justice of the Andean Community (TJCA), the Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI) and the International Trademark Association (INTA) are organizing the “Moot Court on Intellectual Property Law 2022 (Second edition)”, event which aims to promote the study and specialized research of students and recent graduates of Law Schools or Faculties of public and private universities in Latin America and other countries, on Intellectual Property Law, which includes both the Law of Industrial Property such as Copyright and Related Rights.
In this context, the organizers invite students and recent graduates of the Law degree at their University to register and participate in this important academic contest, which seeks to promote the development of knowledge, professional skills and practical skills essential for solution of legal problems, based on the study, analysis and academic debate of the substantive and adjective rules of Intellectual Property Law.
Registration for the Moot Court is free, and may be made by teams made up of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 members, who must fill out an online form and provide basic information at the electronic address that the International Trademark Association – INTA will enable from June 15 to July 15, 2022, on its institutional website: https://www.inta.org/
At the time of registration, the following documentation will be requested:
● Complete data of all team members.
● Copy of the identity document of each of the team members.
● Simple copy that certifies the status of registered student of each of the participants, issued by the School or Faculty of Law or Jurisprudence of the respective University; or proof of graduation and no degree with a term not exceeding one (1) year.
On the other hand, the Universities will be able to register their teams directly, for which, if they do not have the definition of the members, they must send a communication on the registration platform in which they certify that they will comply with the requirements described above.
The first place prize is as follows:
● Gratuities for each of the members of the winning team in the registration for the INTA Annual Meeting corresponding to the year 2023, which will be available until the year 2025.
● Gratuities for each of the members of the winning team to attend the courses of their interest that are offered within the ASIPI Academia program during the year 2023. The eligible courses will be those that are informed in a timely manner by ASIPI.
● Authorization for each of the members of the winning team, during a period of one year (twelve months), to integrate one of the ASIPI work committees, which will be selected by ASIPI.
● Delivery, for each of the members of the winning team, of a commemorative plaque.
The second place award includes the following:
● Gratuities for each of the members of the team that occupies the second place to attend two (2) courses of their interest that are offered within the ASIPI Academia program during the year 2023. The eligible courses will be those that are informed in a timely manner. by ASIPI.
● Delivery, for each of the members of the team that occupies the second place, of a commemorative plaque.
● Delivery to the team of a compendium of TJCA publications.
● A two month Ad-Honorem internship at the TJCA for each member of the winning team which will be available for a period of one year (twelve months).
Prizes will also be awarded for the best writing and the best speaker, which will consist of:
To the best written:
● Delivery, for each of the team members who have participated in its preparation, of a commemorative plaque
● A certificate accrediting it as the best written.
To the best speaker:
● Delivery of a commemorative plaque
● A certificate accrediting you as the best speaker.
On the other hand, it should be added that any concerns regarding the registration process should be directed to the email [email protected]; and that the information corresponding to the Regulations of the Moot Court, the schedule, as well as the fictitious case on which this academic contest will be developed can be found on the website of this Court: https://www.tribunalandino.org.ec/ index.php/moot-court/moot-court-2022/
Finally, it is appropriate to mention that the teams will have the opportunity to be evaluated by highly prestigious experts in the legal world related to Andean Community Law and Intellectual Property, as well as to academically confront students of different nationalities.