Thursday 8 and Friday 9 December
Our traditional Route of Geographical Indications during our Work Sessions in Medellin offers us a wonderful two-day tour in which we will learn about the ceramics produced in El Carmen de Viboral and the world-famous denomination of origin Café de Colombia.
The first day, we will travel to El Carmen de Viboral and visit a workshop to learn about the process of making ceramics. For more than a century, this hand-decorated clay production has been a source of social, cultural, and economic development for the residents of the area. We will be able to observe the production process and purchase one-of-a-kind handicrafts.
08.00hs. – Departure from the Hotel InterContinental
09.30hs. – Arrival at Ceramics El Dorado. Tour to see the entire ceramic process
10.30hs. – Renacer and Viboral Workshops. Tour
11.00hs. – Exit walking to ESMALTARTE, small and traditional workshop where you can see the whole process, walk to the Museum, decorated streets, park and arrival at the Ceramics Museum and Carmen de Viboral Institute of Culture.
12.30hs. – Visit to the Museum, conference and video.
13.30hs. – Lunch.
15.00hs. – Transfer and Check in at Hotel Casa Rosé, free afternoon to visit the shopping area, tour the town.
19.30hs. – Dinner at a walking distance restaurant
Breakfast and Check out
– Group transfer: Hotel InterContinental Medellín – Carmen de Viboral – Hacienda Cafetera – Hotel InterContinental Medellín as detailed in the program
– Tour and visits to the workshops and places in Carmen de Viboral mentioned in the program
– Lunch and dinner in Carmen de Viboral**
– 1-night accommodation with breakfast at Hotel Casa Rosé in Carmen de Viboral
– Tour, lecture, lunch and coffee tasting at Hacienda Casa Grande
– A Coordinator throughout the tour
** Does not include drinks
Hotel InterContinental Medellín is the starting and return point of the program
The program does not include the transfer from the Hotel to the Airport, nor the night of December 9 at the Hotel InterContinental